...The story of a girl in London, England


5.18.2010

Day 21: Ireland, here we come! (We hope.)

Remember how there's a volcano in Iceland? yeah.

Remember how that volcano almost didn't let us come to London a few weeks ago, because it decided to spew ash into the airplanes? yeah.

Remember how it started errupting again, right before we're supposed to fly to Ireland? yeah.

Remember how I will be so mad if we don't get there because of a volcano?! yeah...

***

Ok. Don't worry too much. The Stansted airport is still running at full force, and the Dublin airport hasn't closed down yet, (although it IS under "inspection"). Just cross your fingers and hope we get there. OK?

Today has been absolutely ridiculous. Everything that could possibly go wrong, has gone wrong. We were buying our bus tickets to Stansted and the spots filled up before we'd all got them.
So we had to find another bus. Which was all fine and dandy, except that for some reason, after Ariel had purchased HER ticket, we couldn't buy MINE. ... We tried FOUR different credit cards, to no avail. It just kept saying there was an error. ...

It was infuriating.

And then we couldn't get things to print, and we couldn't find emails, and we couldn't figure out times...

And on top of all of that hullaballoo... I was trying to finish my assignments before we left, AND we saw a play in the evening. BAH.

(Ok, the show was REALLY good. I love British Humor. But it still doesn't change the fact that we were all ready to pull our hair out in frustration, and scrap the trip to Ireland and Scotland all together.)

I knew I had absolutely NOTHING in the fridge. Not an apple. Not a can of soup. Nothing. So after the play we got groceries. And then we realized we needed cash. But it was super dark outside, and kind of late... SO... the five of us girls made a ring of body gaurds around the ATM, tried to look tough, and took turns getting money out. Well, at any rate, we weren't robbed. So I guess it worked.

I had to run to the landlord's office to print out my bus ticket, (which Ariel was finally able to purchase online), so Ashley walked with me. When we walked past the little side kitchen in the metrogate house the most delicious smell reached our noses, and I poked my head in to compliment the chef. I found a college aged, red headed guy with a beard... chilling by a pan on the stove. I said, "it smells great!"... and he said, "you want some?"...

Well, I wasn't expecting that! And to tell the truth, I DID want some. Very much. ... Hot food sounded like the most amazing thing in the whole universe. And hot food that smelled like THAT... well... I was a goner.

I said yes. He said it'd be ready in about ten minutes, so I went downstairs and printed my ticket, and then came back up to mooch his food.

I wasn't dissapointed. That stuff was delicious. Sort of Indian in flavour. And SO GOOD.

My new found friend's name was Kyle. He's from Philidelphia. And he cooks some good grub. ... We sat and talked while eating, and then I washed up my plate, and bade him adieu.

We got home after 12:30am... and packed. I finally got in bed around 1:30, and our cab was coming at 5:00... which meant I was going to get about three hours of sleep. But you know, it didn't matter. Because in three hours, I'd be headed to Ireland....

WOHOOOO!!!!

Ireland here we come!

No comments:

Post a Comment